Search This Blog

Friday, May 4, 2012

GETTING HIGH

Some of the highs of my life:
  • the year I got a BB gun for Christmas!  (I didn't shoot my eye out!)
  • Family Camp every July!
  • going to Idora Park at the end of the school year!
  • the day I gave my life to Christ (and got my Call) at the age of 17.
  • high school graduation!
  • dating Deb!
  • dorm life at Roberts Wesleyan College.
  • getting married.
  • our honeymoon!!!!
  • Travis' birth day!
  • being ordained.
  • getting my first church!
  • Troy's birth day!
  • Tracie's birth day!
  • many spiritual highs in worship at the Oakland Church!
  • camping trips at Pymatuning State Park!
  • the days when our kids made spiritual commitments!!!!!
  • camping in Dick and Bev's backyard!
  • graduating from Pittsburgh Theological Seminary.
  • whole days at the Canfield Fair.
  • attending and graduating from Franciscan University of Steubenville.
  • Travis attending and graduating from the Naval Academy.
  • backpacking experiences.
  • Tracie and Jon's wedding day.
  • The births of our grandchildren:  Rylie and Coltin!!!!!
  • Troy and Missy's wedding day.
But the greatest high is yet ahead.

It'll be when I enter Heaven - and Jesus takes me in His arms and holds me.  As He does, I hope He whispers, "You did a good job, Harold!  I'm so proud of you!  You fought off the demons and stayed true to Me.  You influenced so many people for Me.  You were an obedient son.  I'm so glad you're Home!"

Oh Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment