Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

THE YEAR GOD GAVE ME THREE CARS - PART 1

We were living in Spencerville, Maryland, where I was leading the Free Methodist congregation there.

The cost of living outside the Beltway was considerably higher than East Liverpool, Ohio.  We pretty quickly found ourselves in a financial crunch. 

Debbie's Topaz met a tree close-up while one of our kids was learning to drive.  We needed a replacement.  We laid the situation out before God and asked Him to provide for our need.  That's how this story began.

I was driving back to Ohio to meet with a group of people who were interested in starting a new church.  Bill Barlow was part of that group.

Following one of our meetings, he took me out in his driveway and showed me a little, brown Horizon.  He told me that a family member had given it to them, but they didn't really need it anymore.  He asked if we could use it?

I told him about our prayer and accepted the gift.  I drove that Horizon for several years.  Then Travis drove it for a couple of years.  Finally, I gave it away - still running great - while living in Akron!

That was the first car God gave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment