Search This Blog

Sunday, May 6, 2012

I'M NOT GOING TO CHURCH

All my life I've been going to church!  I went to church before I was born!  I could count on one hand the Sundays in my life that I was not in church.  You could say it's been a habit - a good one!

I love worshiping with others;  even strangers.  When I go on vacation, I often attend two or three different services.  I love to worship with my Catholic brothers and sisters.  Their worship is so dramatic and meaningful!  I have often worshiped in United Methodist Churches and thoroughly enjoy the more liturgical style.  I've frequently joined my charismatic friends for worship.  Their vibrancy and enthusiasm thrills me.  I've also preached and worshiped in African-American churches;  I believe they were all Baptist.  What a wonderful mix of tradition and spontaneity!

Because I love God, I love His Bride! 

But, if we're approved to go to China, I won't be going to church.  We've been advised to not attend the government-approved churches.  I don't know if we'll get an opportunity to participate in any of the underground churches - I would leap at the chance! 

At best, we'll have a worship time in our apartment and invite any of our friends to join us.  There'll be no guitars, no crowd, no liturgy, but we'll still be THE CHURCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment