Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A BIG BROTHER'S INFLUENCE!

When my kids were growing up I was always trying to instill hope in them. 

They had a habit of yelling 'shotgun' when I announced that I was going to run somewhere for something.

Tracie was the quickest.  She sat in front with me most. 

We were driving up Thompson Avenue (a bumpy, brick street where we lived).  I was using the moment to tell them what I thought they would be when they grew up.
"Tracibeth (age 4), I think you're going to be an attorney when you grow up because you argue really well and you're a quick thinker!"
"Travis (age 9), I think you're going to be a doctor because you're smart and you care about people!"
"Troy (age 5), I think you're going to be a pilot because you love adventure and want to do exciting things."
In typical fashion, Travis disputed my suggestion.  He piped up:  "No, Dad, I want to be a Vet when I grow up!"

Troy, picking up on his brother's thinking, quickly responded:  "And I want to be a convertible!"

No comments:

Post a Comment