Search This Blog

Thursday, May 31, 2012

THE TRAILER

Deb and I were rolling down Calla Road two years ago.  I'd been looking for a small trailer for some time to haul our two four-wheelers around.  Deb called out:  "Hey you just passed the kind of trailer you've always wanted!"

I turned around to examine it.  The sign read $300.  I could see right away that it was worth it.  It was perfect for my needs - the four-wheelers would fit on it side-by-side! 

Problem:  We'd been through Dave Ramsay's Financial Peace University and his rule is, "If you don't have the cash, don't buy it!"  I didn't actually have the cash that Monday;  but I would by Friday.  I debated, then stuck to Dave's principle and drove on.  It was tough to do!

All week I drove by that trailer and wondered that it hadn't sold yet. 

On Thursday, I drove by and a new sign was out:  $200.  I stopped and talked to the owner.  He'd refit the trailer as a project for his schooling at New Castle School of Trades:  new hitch, new lighting, completely refurbished flatbed.  Plus, it was a tilt-bed! 

I explained that I got paid on Friday.  I asked if he'd hold it for me.  He agreed to do so.  I went back the next morning, paid him, and pulled it home. 

I haven't had the four-wheelers on it yet.  A couple of friends have borrowed it.  I used it once when I purchased a hot-dog-stand.

However, in the last month it has made several dozen trips to our storage unit.  I have been so thankful to have it.  It saved me borrowing someone's truck, and carries more than a truckbed too! 

I consider it God's blessing for my obedience!  He even saved me $100.  God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment