Search This Blog

Friday, May 25, 2012

THE YEAR GOD GAVE ME THREE CARS - PART 3

I had been building a relationship with John for over a year.  He owned and operated a gas station nearby.  I had been to his home for social visits.  His wife and kids attended the church.  He was skeptical.

I took donuts and pizza to the station and hung out a few times when he wasn't real busy.  We talked on a few occasions.  He seemed interested, but slow to trust.  It was evident to me that we were forming a friendship.

I was working in my garden on a hot summer day.  John drove right up to the garden in a little white Subaru.  He got out;  we talked.  He asked me how I liked the Subaru.  I assumed he'd just gotten it.  I told him it was nice.

We talked more.  He asked about the car again.  He insisted that I check it out;  sit inside.  It was clean and nice - unmarked.  I commented on that.

He said, "It's yours!"

I objected, "What do you mean?"

He explained that it belonged to an older woman who had always brought it to him for service.  He knew the car well.  She was ready to trade it, so he made her an offer and she accepted.  He was now wanting to gift the car to me!

I was overwhelmed!  I had, indeed, prayed and asked God for a car.  But God had already given me two - and I didn't really need another.  I refused the gift as kindly as I could.

John drove away.

After gardening, I went inside and told Deb the amazing story.  She scolded me:  "You prayed for a car.  If God wants to give you three cars, how dare you refuse His gift!"

I immediately called John and told him that if the car was still available I would joyfully receive his kind gift!

We drove that Subaru for years and it served us well!

No comments:

Post a Comment